Responsibilities and Leadership
- Coordinator, since 2022, of the program L1 in 2 years Descartes (Saint-Charles) dedicated to increase the success of first-year students of the Faculty of Sciences at Aix-Marseille University.
- Elected Vice-President of SSFAM (Société Savante Francophone d’Apprentissage Machine) in 2021.
- I was for almost three years (March 2018 – December 2020) the head of the Machine Learning group QARMA at Aix-Marseille University. The team is composed of 3 professors, 7 assistant professors and 20 PhD students and postdocs. During my tenure as the head of QARMA, I sought to improve the research environment of the team in the new Lab LIS, formed in 2018 by the merger of the two computer science labs of Aix-Marseille university, and also the collaboration with other scientific institutes.
- Co-chair (with Sandrine Anthoine) of a workshop on the “Mathematical Foundations of Machine Learning” at Aix-Marseille University (AMU), 2023.
- Co-chair (with Giuseppe Di Molfetta, Vedran Dunjko, and Francesco Petruccione) of a workshop on “Quantum Machine Learning” at the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML-PKDD), 2022.
- Co-chair (with Sandrine Anthoine, Caroline Chaux, Frédéric Richard) of a research school on “Mathematics, Signal Processing and Learning” at the Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques (CIRM), 2021.
- Co-chair (with Giuseppe Di Molfetta) of a workshop on “Machine Learning and Quantum Computation” at Aix-Marseille University (AMU), 2019.
- Co-chair (with Sandrine Antoine, Caroline Chaux, Clothilde Melot, Bruno Torrésani) of a workshop on the “Mathematics of Deep Learning” at Aix-Marseille University (AMU), 2018.
- Co-chair (with François Denis) of a workshop on “Computational Models in Machine Learning » at Aix-Marseille University (AMU), 2016.
- Co-chair (with Florence d’Alché-Buc, Alain Rakotomamonjy, Massimiliano Pontil) of a workshop on “Object, Functional and Structured Data: Towards Next Generation Kernel-Based Methods” at the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2012.
Program Chair (with Thierry Artières) of the 18th Francophone Conference on Machine Learning (CAp), 2016.
Program Committee Member
International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2012-2019, 2022)
European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML 2016, 2022)
International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2017)
Francophone Conference on Machine Learning (CAp 2013-2015, 2017-2023)
Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2012-2019)
National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2016, 2020)
Inter. Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS 2016-2022)
Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR)
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI)
Neural Networks (NN)
Computational Statistics and Data Analysis (CSDA)
Statistics and Probability Letters
Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU)
IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC)
Grant Proposal Reviewer
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR), France
Institut Cognition, France